Sunday, 10 July 2011

First Year and First Post

I stole the title for this new blog from the title of my boyfriend's album, but I don't feel overly guilty about it because he stole it too, from a Yevtushenko poem. The poem's called "Irreconcilable", and it's wonderful, though I can't seem to find it online to show you. The album's also great, but I'll refrain from passing on any links to save you all from the nightmare that is shameless self-advertisement.

I've recently returned from my first year of University up in Scotland. There's an old adage that first year of University counts for nothing, and I suppose this is true, but, in typical Tilly-fashion, I've managed to surpass everyone with the worthlessness of my first year because I decided to switch subjects, and thus must begin again with my academic slate woefully bare. Oops.

I'll finish up with a couple of photos of my Uni. It's a little disconcerting how easily this place has become my home, and how much I miss it now I'm back in England.

St. Salvator's Hall, Cathedral and view of the town:



first photo taken by me, others by the boyfriend and subsequently bastardised photoshopped by yours truly.

2 comments:

  1. You're back! And as beautiful as ever. I've missed your posts. xxxx

    ReplyDelete